Monday, October 11, 2010

Our Home!

Our home has taken on lots of changes in the past few months that we've had the pleasure of living in it. First of all, the interior started as a pukey/olive/asparagus/pea soup green color. It was disgusting. The walls, the trim, the ceiling, the doors - everything was essentially this nasty green color. We set to work right away with painting. We almost have everything finished as far as interior paint, so occasionally I'd like to post about our progress with the house. I don't have before and after pictures of everything yet, so I'll just post about room-by-room as we go.

Just to show you the difference between the old & new colors....
This is our dining room ceiling mid-painting. What a difference, eh? The house is so much brighter now since we painted. And no, that's not white. It's coffee creme. :)

I'm super inspired by this house transformation blog - Young House Love.

I'm definitely into DIY-ing when possible, but there's no way I would have tried this....
Another major project that has been going on since we moved in is the plumbing - the entire line needed to be replaced for our house as well as the other one on the lot. It's been a long process, but the plumbing is FINALLY done. Now our guys are working on weather stripping, replacing crumbling concrete, and fixing the gutters on the roof.

I am soooo excited to start priming the basement this weekend! All we'll have left after that is to paint the basement, add another coat of paint in the office closet, and paint the doors & door frames. Hooray! Stay tuned for more updates. :)

2 comments:

  1. Love the young house love blog! Can I just send in a picture of a room and pay them to tell me what to do!

    ReplyDelete