Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dining Room Reno - Part 4: Shopping!

As I said in my previous post, we had a very successful yard sale last weekend. The next day, we took a trip up to Sacramento to Ikea and West Elm to get a few things for our dining room.

First stop was West Elm. I had printed out the website pages of the exact rug & curtains we wanted in advance, so all I had to do was hand them to the sales associate and she got them all ready for us! Of course we wanted to look around at all the other expensive things that we couldn't afford right now. I picked up some great decorating & design inspiration while we were there.

We purchased these lovely open-weave silk curtains:


And this beautiful rug (as well as an eco-friendly rug pad):


After West Elm, we got to meet up with Spencer's roommate from Teen Mania for lunch!
Here's Josh with us at our wedding:

We went to Red Robin - YUMMM! (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) It was lovely to visit again and to see Josh and his beautiful fiancee. :) We got to see their new condo that they'll be living in after their March 2011 wedding. Nichole is a fantastic decorator. I loved all the teal accents in their living room! I wish I had snapped some pictures. Oh well... guess that means we'll have to visit again!

After saying goodbye, we got on our way to Ikea. It had been raining all day, but once we started heading towards Ikea, the sun began to break through the clouds. It was fantastically cheesy. :)
Anyway, we had a few things on our list at Ikea, but we also wanted to price check a couple of things for the future while we were there. Spencer found the perfect desk for himself, and we agreed on a TV stand for whenever we get to updating our living room. Score!
However, when the whirlwind shopping trip was done, we came home with these lovely things:

A curtain rod for our new curtains

This isn't for the dining room, but I am so excited about this! We got some new, romantic bedding to replace my dingy old denim comforter that I've had since junior high. :)

We came home feeling very satisfied with our purchases.

One more thing that wasn't a part of this particular shopping trip, but is still on the dining room topic. I had been browsing online and in stores for a new lighting fixture for our dining room, when I stumbled upon this beauty from World Market:

After getting Spencer's approval, I drove back to World Market to pick up this Capiz chandelier. I think adds softer, more romantic lighting to our dining room.

I can't wait to see these things start to come together in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment