Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finish Strong Challenge 2010 - Vol. 11

Okay, so Weight Watchers program change + not being informed = gain. Boo. I did gain .8 lb on the scale this week. But now that I have all of my new materials for the new program, I'm excited about making the changes I need to. I'm already enjoying the 0-PointPlus value fruit!

The thing that stood out to me the most in reading my new materials is that you can't combine the programs. You can't have "free" fruit on the old Points program - it won't work.

Here's an example of how the new system differs from the old one. Points and PointsPlus values will be in (parentheses).

Old Points program:
Breakfast: sandwich thin (1), 2 Tbsp reduced fat garden veggie cream cheese (2), medium banana (2), coffee (0), 2 Tbsp creamer (1)
Snack: 1 cup grapes (1), small bag Popchips (3)
Lunch: 1 cup homemade mac & cheese (5), salad greens (0), 3oz chicken breast (3), 2 Tbsp low fat vinaigrette (1)
Snack: 1 container low fat yogurt (1), 1/4 cup protein granola mix (3), 1/2 cup blueberries (.5)
Dinner: 1/2 cup shrimp (1), 1/2 cup brown rice (2), 1 cup stir-fried veggies in 1 tsp sesame oil and 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth (1)
Total: 27.5
My daily Points goal: 26



New PointsPlus program:
Breakfast: sandwich thin (3), 2 Tbsp reduced fat garden veggie cream cheese (2), medium banana (0), coffee (0), 2 Tbsp creamer (1)
Snack: 1 cup grapes (0), small bag Popchips (3)
Lunch: 1 cup homemade mac & cheese (7), salad greens (0), 3oz chicken breast (3), 2 Tbsp low fat vinaigrette (1)
Snack: 1 container low fat yogurt (1), 1/4 cup protein granola mix (4), 1/2 cup blueberries (0)
Dinner: 1/2 cup shrimp (1), 1/2 cup brown rice (3), 1 cup stir-fried veggies in 1 tsp sesame oil and 1/2 cup fat free chicken broth (1)
Total: 30
My daily PointsPlus total: 32

Same food, more flexibility. Notice how on the old Points system, I would have gone over my daily target, but on the new system, I have enough Points leftover for 1/2 cup of low free ice cream with berries. :)
Another thing that has changed is that the extra weekly "flex" points (for dinners out, treats, or special events) went from 35 to 49. Woo hoo!

I'm also excited to start moving and exercising more consistently again. I might even get up the nerve to have a date with Tony Horton again soon. :)

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment