Monday, March 7, 2011

Kitchen Challenge Step 4: Reorganizing the Kitchen Drawers!

To read about this challenge, click here.
Step 1: Pantry
Step 2: Under the Sink
Step 3: The Buffet

Step 4 - reorganizing the kitchen drawers!

I reorganized 5 out of 8 drawers in the kitchen. Two of them didn't need to be reorganized. One still needs help, but that will be for another day.

For each drawer, I emptied it, wiped it down, and then put back things in an organized way. This step was also about rearranging which drawers things were in.

My towels & pot holders were all shoved into one overstuffed drawer before. Now they're in separate ones and they look so much better.

Before:


After:





My silverware drawer was already pretty organized, but we had a few things that we could stand to get rid of - a couple pieces of transitional silverware that held us over before we got the pieces we registered for.

Before:


After:



My measuring cups drawer was an absolute disaster. I fully plan on getting another roll of non-skid contact paper from the dollar store to help keep all these in place. I had no idea I had SO MANY measuring spoons (and I use them all)!!

Before:


After:


My other drawers were kind of a two-for-one deal. I needed to move my foil, plastic wrap, plastic bags, etc. to a bigger drawer, and the one I chose only had our nice set of silverware in it. I moved the silver box to inside the buffet (which was otherwise empty), and used that drawer for the plastic goods.

Before:


After:


Almost finished! Step 5 will be the final one! Thanks for reading!

I'm linking up with:

Anything Related



Transformation Thursday



1 comment: