Thursday, March 10, 2011

Linen Closet Organization

Have you ever tried to fall asleep while your mind is still planning, planning, planning? This never works. My general rule of thumb in these cases is that if I lay in bed wide awake for 30 minutes or more, it's time to get up and do something, anything to calm my mind. Usually I'll get up and write down what's on my mind or journal. I don't ever get back up just to waste time - I have to be productive if I'm going to stay up!

So last night was one of these nights. I had so much on my mind last night after trying to plan out all my spring cleaning. I tried to go to sleep with my mind still in planning mode. After 30 minutes, I got back out of bed to do a few things. So I ended up doing 2 loads of laundry, cutting up some fruit for a snack, and then decided to organize my linen cabinet. Yes, I'm weird. I know. But it's been bugging me a lot lately mostly because the doors wouldn't completely shut! Ugh! How annoying.

Well, my friends, my linen closet is messy no more! I spent a little under an hour on it. I emptied everything out, sprayed it down with my new Basic H All Purpose Cleaner, relocated a few items (tablecloths & extra blankets), and put everything back nice and neat!

Here's the before:





The top shelves held an assortment of beach towels, a few tablecloths, and lots of towels. The bottom shelves held spare sheets, more towels, another beach towel, and some spare blankets. That was waaaay too much to try to cram into that tiny closet.

Here's the after!






Yes, I know we have a million towels, but that was "the thing to get" at my bridal showers. I got tons of towels - and I love them all, even if we don't use some of them very often. This linen cabinet is not very deep or notably large, so our spare blankets will be stored in the guest bedroom or office closet eventually. The tablecloths got moved to the buffet in the dining room.

So that's how I calmed myself back down to go to sleep. I'm weird, I know.

Thanks for reading!

I'm linking up with:

Transformation Thursday


UndertheTableandDreaming
504 Main
Organize and Decorate Everything
 http://www.thethriftyhome.com


4 comments:

  1. Hi..I’m Barb…I love your linen closet after! Good job!! I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I am also am still pretty new at Facebook & would really appreciate your creative support by becoming a "Fan" & "Like" it.

    I have a blog hop Mon & Wed & I know my readers would like to see the inspiring Linen Closet..(It's 2 different blog hops & should get you more traffic if your interested) Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so inspired! Wish my closet looked like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are still using the towels we got at our bridal showers...11 years later. I think we got ten full sets. Your closet looks great. I wish I had that problem cleaning in the middle of the night! Following you from Under the table and dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That looks so great. I know what you mean about just getting back up if you can't fall asleep and I love what you got accomplished. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete