Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday {No. 2} - Fluffy Speckled Peanut Butter Dip

Sorry this post is coming so late in the day. I couldn't find my camera for a while! But it's found now, so away we go! =)

Fluffy Speckled Peanut Butter Dip
Recipe from: Hungry Girl 200 Under 200

This dip is great for strawberries, bananas, apple slices, pretzel sticks, or even celery sticks (according to Hungry Girl). It's pretty delicious, and very "fluffy" as the title describes.

I'm making this for my Sunday school group tomorrow, so I decided to quadruple the batch. The original recipe is below.

Ingredients:
1 Jell-O Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Snack
3/4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
1/4 cup Reese's Puffs cereal (original)
1 Tablespoon reduced-fat creamy peanut butter, room temperature
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 no-calorie sweetner pack (like Splenda or Truvia)


Directions:

Place cereal in a sealable plastic bag.



Using a rolling pin or can, crush cereal completely by rolling it firmly over the bag on a flat surface. Set aside.



In a bowl, combine pudding and peanut butter, stirring until completely mixed.



Add Cool Whip, vanilla extract, and sweetner, stirring until mixed well. You don't want to do this in an automatic mixer - it will cause the Cool Whip to go flat. I folded mine in till it was smooth.



Stir in the cereal crumbs and place bowl in fridge. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes before serving.





Nutritional Stats:
Serving size: 2 heaping tablespoons
Makes: 6 servings
Calories: 49
Fat: 1.5 g
Sodium: 64 mg
Carbs: 7.5 g
Fiber: <0.5 g Protein: 0.5 g

I'm linking up with:

UndertheTableandDreaming
504 Main
Anything Related


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Jennifer! That stuff looks amazing. Peanut butter is one of my favorite indulgences.

    ps - the Overstock light is here:

    http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/3-light-Contemporary-White-Shade-Nickel-Chandelier/5036703/product.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally going to 'Pin" this so I can make. I love peanut butter and I love dip!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you over at Under the Table and Dreaming. My boys (hubby included) would LOVE this! They are huge PB and chocolate fans and Reese's cereal is hubby's favorite! Thank you for sharing!
    Jen
    Scissors & SPatulas

    ReplyDelete