Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grocery bill update

I posted earlier about my efforts to lower our grocery bill. My first attempt yielded a savings of $14.36. It's definitely a learning process, but I'm glad to say I'm making progress!
Last week, we only bought a grand total of $16 worth of groceries. We simply just didn't have the money to buy any extra until our paychecks came in. We ate from the pantry, and also had several dinners with my parents this past week. Needless to say, I was SO EXCITED to go grocery shopping this week!! I saved up 2 weeks worth of coupon inserts, just waiting for a chance to get to the store!

I saw some HUGE savings this week! Woo hoo!!

Here's the entire haul this week:


I'm not going to list everything I got. Here are some close up shots:







The following items were on sale:
Crystal Light (x2)
Oscar Meyer smoked ham
Oscar Meyer turkey bacon
Market Pantry graham crackers
Del Monte canned pineapple
Gold Medal whole wheat flour
Market Pantry marshmallows
Driscoll's strawberries
Eggo whole grain low fat waffles
Dr. Pepper 2-liter bottles (x4) - my husband is from Texas :)
Market Pantry eggs
Simply Orange juice
Coffee Mate creamer
Market Pantry butter
Contadina pizza sauce

Before coupons & discounts, this week's total came to $125.80.

Then add these coupons:
$1.50/2 Breyers ice creams = $4.48 for 2
$2/1 manufacturer coupon + $2/1 Target coupon Purina One Beyond cat food = $3.49
$1/2 Crystal Light = $4.18 for 2
$1.50/2 NYC nail polish = $0.44 for 2
$0.50/1 Driscoll's strawberries = $1.49
$1/2 Market Pantry block cheddar cheese = $4.48 for 2
$1/1 manufacturer coupon (x2) + $1/1 Target coupon Degree women's deoderant = $0.79

Coupon items:



Then to top it off, add:
$10 off a purchase of $75 or more
$7 off a grocery purchase of $75 or more
$0.05 for each reusable grocery bag (x8)
AND my 5% off with my Target debit card..........

That brings the total to $80.53, which translates to.......

a total savings of $45.27!!!


Thanks for reading!

I'm linking up with:

MoneySavingMom.com





1 comment:

  1. WOW! Good Job! I love couponing myself. You can find me at www.christyscuties.blogspot.com and see my haul this week if you would like. :)

    ReplyDelete