Sunday, April 3, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday {No. 3} - Chicken with Garlic, Basil, and Parsley

Sorry I'm posting this a day late! I meant to get this up yesterday. Oops!

This recipe was sooo good!!! It even got the approval of the distinguished (picky) taste buds of my husband. hahaha

I made ours with a half recipe (and chicken breast tenderloins), so the pictures reflect what I made.

Chicken with Garlic, Basil, and Parsley
From allrecipes.com

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley, divided
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 large tomato, sliced
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon parsley and 1 teaspoon basil evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.


Arrange chicken breast halves in the dish, and sprinkle evenly with g
arlic slices.


In a small bowl, mix the remaining 2 teaspoons parsley, remaining 2 teaspoons basil, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle over the chicken.


Top with tomato slices.


Bake covered (with foil) in the preheated oven 25 minutes. Remove cover, and continue baking 20 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.


I served it with Chicken rice-a-roni & sauteed zucchini.



This was absolutely delicious, and it was really simple to make! I ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. I'm sure they would also have been delicious scrambled up with eggs!

Enjoy! Thanks for reading!

I'm linking up with:

UndertheTableandDreaming


1 comment:

  1. Hello! Congratulations on your blog, great posts!
    You are invited to access my blog, I do disclose and defend the cause of the Persecuted Church. They need our prayers.
    http://inatriosolii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete