Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scrumptious Saturday {No. 4} - Fried Rice

This is a really easy recipe that's perfect for Sundays after church. I used to ask my mom to make it every Sunday for about 6 months. I love it!
I've altered it a little since learning how to create this simple dish.

Ingredients:
1 packet of 10-minute brown rice
1 chicken breast, defrosted & cut into small pieces
Any other meat you want to add - I add 5 slices of chopped turkey bacon
4-5 green onions, sliced
garlic powder
ginger powder
canola oil
sesame oil
4 eggs
low sodium soy sauce

Directions:
Cook rice according to package directions. Chop chicken & other meat of your choice. I was out of turkey bacon, so I used turkey lunch meat. The only types of meat that I've tried that does NOT work are hot dogs (my mom tried this once - don't do it).
In an electric skillet, add some canola oil & a few teaspoons of sesame oil. Add chicken to the pan & brown. Season with garlic & ginger. Add other meat & scallions. (I didn't have any this time, so I added a little onion powder.)



Pour rice over the mixture & mix.


Create one big "pocket" in the rice or 4 little pockets and add eggs, scramble until cooked. Try not to mix with the rice to make sure all of the eggs cook thoroughly.


Mix together and add soy sauce one cap-full at a time until you reach the desired flavor. Enjoy!


Makes 2 servings.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment