Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The 10 in 10 challenge: Day 1

Day 1 was awesome. My sister is finishing up the door painting in our house for us, and yesterday was the inside of the front door. We were SO thankful for the cool weather yesterday, as the door needed to be left open to dry. Instead of staying inside with the door open as an invitation to passer-bys, I decided to do some of my gardening outside while the door dried. In an hour and a half, I was able to tick 3 tasks off my list. I also cut back ivy, trimmed a bush, cleaned up the flower beds, and mowed the lawn…just in time for it to start raining! My plants are sooo happy!

Now, had I been thinking clearly, I would have been able to cross off a fourth task (picking up the photo from Target). I went grocery shopping later in the evening, and didn’t even think about the photo. I was thinking about getting in, getting out, staying dry, and getting home before my husband did. Oh well. I’m sure I will get back there soon enough. It’s my favorite store. J

Here’s the task list as it stands now:
1. Steam & hang other living room curtain
2. Pick up photo from Target & hang in gallery wall frame
3. Hang picture collage frame near master bedroom
4. Edge back lawn
5. Pull weeds in garden near street
6. Pull weeds in garden near neighbors
7. Pull weeds in garden near house
8. Pull weeds in garden near carport
9. Organize coupons
10. Replace dead pansies with impatiens (front garden & pots on front porch)
11. Hang closet doors
12. Organize spare room
13. Clean up carport (rocks, grass, furniture pieces)
14. Replace dead marigolds in back yard with living ones
15. Move wedding arch wood pieces to back yard
16. Paint bathroom vanity
17. Organize bathroom vanity
18. Paint dining chairs
19. Paint dining table
20. Pull/dig up weeds in backyard


3 tasks down, 7 to go, and 9 days to do them! Are you challenging yourself to a “10 Tasks in 10 Days”? What’s on your list? How do you keep yourself motivated to be productive?

Thanks for reading!



1 comment:

  1. That is definitely a homeowner's to do list. I look forward to that one day. My list is MUCH simpler. Walk the dog, empty dishwasher, check craigslist religiously for free couches and washer/dryer. It's not hard for me to stay motivated - I go crazy with nothing to do :-)

    ReplyDelete