Friday, July 29, 2011

Pinterest Challenge: Jewelry Organizer

So, I decided to take the Pinterest Challenge a step further. I already put together a gallery wall earlier this week (read part one here and part two here). I had so much fun, I tackled another project!
I had been drooling over some jewelry organizers on Pinterest, so I finally chose this one. I LOVE how it turned out!



Materials needed:
1 large picture frame
1 roll of twine
1 can spray paint, any color


I got my frame at a garage sale a few months ago. I didn't know at the time that it would become a jewelry holder.


I bought a can of Rustoleum spray paint in a dark, bold teal (my favorite color). I sprayed on two thin and even coats, and let it dry while I took a trip to Michaels with a 40% off coupon to get a roll of twine. Luckily for me, the tabs that usually hold a picture were still attached to the frame. I just double knotted the twine around them and bent them outward to secure the twine.


As soon as I was finished, I hung it up on the wall in our bedroom!


Then I spent the next half hour arranging my jewelry on it. I LOVE how it turned out, and the bold teal makes me SO HAPPY!


Cost breakdown:
Garage sale frame $0.30 (I bought 3 for $1)
Can of teal spray paint $3.99
Roll of twine $3.21 (after coupon)
Total cost: $7.50

What have you created from Pinterest this week?

Thanks for reading!

I'm linking up with:





5 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks great. I did a similar DIY earlier in the year. If you want to have a look it's here:

    http://maxandmeblog.blogspot.com/2011/06/diy-earing-display.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a pinterest challenge today too! I love your knock off. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. It turned out great. I featured you today at my Delightfully Inspiring Thursday Party.

    http://delightfulorder.blogspot.com/2011/08/delightfully-inspiring-thursday-party_24.html

    DaNita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I have my jewelry on display as well, but I think this is much cuter and I may have to change it to this! I'm stopping by from Delightful Order! =D

    ReplyDelete