Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Year Anniversary (& photographer review)

I realized recently that I never shared about our one-year anniversary! We celebrated our one-year anniversary together in the same place we spent our mini-honeymoon (before we left on our cruise) – our family cabin that’s tucked away in the Sierra Nevadas. It's a quiet, relaxing place with not a lot to do.

We shopped for the food essentials at the local grocery store - DiGiorno Pizza & Cookies, Sun Chips, IBC rootbeer, Dr. Pepper, Caesar salad, biscuits, nutella, jelly, eggs, strawberries, portobello mushrooms, and Eggo waffles. =)

We lounged around and played lots of games.

We took a walk in the woods.

We went back to Sarafina's Italian Kitchen, an adorable and popular restaurant tucked away in Arnold, CA.

I had the Involtini del Pollo, which was prosciutto & asparagus stuffed chicken, panko crusted, pan fried & topped with a four cheese sauce, served with garlic mashed red potatoes & grilled veggies (red onions, zucchini, yellow squash & carrots). It was magnificent!

After dinner that night, we were in the middle of a game of Scrabble when all of a sudden, a BAT started swooping around the room! We then spent the next hour or so trying to get it out of the house. We weren't 100% sure if we were successful, so just in case we kept the bedroom door closed that night.

After we came back, we shared the top tier of our wedding cake with our friends & family. It was white cake with strawberry buttercream filling and a vanilla buttercream on top. It was still delicious one year later!

My husband's gift to me was a silk flower rendering of my wedding bouquet. He didn't know this at the time, but the woman who made it was actually the same woman who did the bridesmaid bouquets and pew decorations!


One of the things I really wanted to do for our anniversary was get some professional photos taken for us to be able to frame around the house. We hadn’t had any good pictures taken of us since the wedding. So I called up our new friend Scot and asked him if he could do some anniversary pictures for us.

Here are the beautiful images that we got!



Scot is seriously such an amazingly talented photographer, and he's such a genuine guy. I really appreciated the time he took to capture such beautiful images for us. I would highly recommend him for ANY event, especially weddings. To see more of his work, go to Scot's website, check out his blog, or like Scot Woodman Photography on Facebook!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. You had me a root beer. But seriously, what a fun anniversary trip! I love taking walks and Italian food is awesome. I would have been so scared from that bat though! I think it's such a great idea that you two had pictures taken for your anniversary. I would really like to get some done of my husband and I soon.

    I'm your newest follower. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sorry I didn't comment back before. I'm going to be posting more regularly soon!

    ReplyDelete